Saturday, March 28, 2009

Insightful ESS conference

I was among one of the many poster presenters at the ESS Conference 2009 from Randolph College. It was a great platform to share my findings with other scholars, students and to get suggestions regarding what can be done to improve my current study. Moreover, it was a great place to network with people associated in similar field. There were lots of opportunities for undergraduate students to get exposed to graduate level research. The themes for roundtables and papers were diverse whether it was in the field of international development, sociological research methods, or job prospects for sociology students. I particularly enjoyed interacting with peers of different colleges.
There were other things for students to do like going to great restaurants, malls, etc. due to the proximity of Inner Harbor. On the whole, I feel that I gained alot from this conference and this kind of program is a good way of having intellectual discussions and networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment