Saturday, April 4, 2009

2009 Baltimore ESS Conference Experience

I collaborated with a professor and another student on a paper that was presented at a round table session. While we were extremely nervous at first, the round table setting is quite informal and made me much more comfortable about presenting what we worked so hard on. This was my first time preparing a paper like this, and also my first time at a conference, so it was quite an experience! I thoroughly enjoyed it, though, and look forward to attending more in the future.
It was exciting to be in a setting surrounded by professionals and experts in a field I have so much interest in. It guided me to the realization that while I may have only gotten my feet wet thus far in my education in sociology, there are so many options and so many different ways I can utilize what I already have under my belt.
Maureen Brophy
Senior
Southern Connecticut State University

No comments:

Post a Comment